Thursday, September 25, 2014

Seattle Slew grand-daughter broodmare FREE TO GOOD HOME - Midway, Kentucky

"Any Old Port" by Seattle Sleet by Quimperle by Hold Your Peace, she's a 2001 model, chestnut with white - flashy. 16.2 hands, selling as BROODMARE sound only.

REFERENCES REQUIRED!  If interested email me at howard.annie@gmail.com with 2 references, one being a vet.  Buyer 100% responsible for shipping!


Previous client has to say:
"She has had 7 foals 4 to race 4 winners, she has a 2y/o that has not started, think it's turned out, they normally break her babies, train for 60-90 days and then turn them out till the fall. That baby might go to Oaklawn for the winter or they might wait till next spring to start it back. Then there's a yearling that is being broke now and a weanling. 

She would be great for a state bred program or show horse broodmare - she's got big grass feet. The  man who owns her is one of my old clients, the mare use to board with me when I had my farm in KY - he is getting out of the breeding business.  She is free to good home.

Here's some old pictures of her - the filly by her side is Hard headed she fractured her skull and me and Jennifer saved her - against the advise of one of the big surgeons around here, lol - girl power. She broke her maiden earlier this year, so proud of her.

I can't guarantee that she's sound enough to ride, never have been unsound for any reason I know of while living with me and she lived with me for 5 years, the occasional hoof abscess. Keep in mind she has probably not had a person on her back since 2004/05 when she was bred for the first time. She was strictly a broodmare for the past 10 years. With her flashy markings she will throw color, people like the chestnut mares to breed for color, use to know the reasons but haven't done it since late 90's, a bit foggy but do remember they always would take a flashy chestnut TB mare."





No comments:

Post a Comment