Friday, January 31, 2014

Grand Assembly and Stewie Little

As previously mentioned, Scottie was bred after she was abandoned in an effort by the barn's owners to "recoup" some of the cost of "maintaining" Scottie (owners previous to the people I bought her from).  She was not yet 4 when she gave birth to her colt "Grand Assembly."  I am personally not a fan of breeding a horse so young, but I know it is common practice among all breeds/disciplines, not just racing.  But, horse breeding is not my forte, nor do I want it to be, and regardless, Scottie had a baby at 3 years old (almost 4).

Grand Assembly (known as Junior) had to be bottle fed because Scottie didn't have any milk.
Scottie's last owner sent me the photos, and I believe they still own the colt.  He looks just like his momma and has some LONG legs.  I will have to keep my eye out to see when he starts racing.





In other news, Scottie has a half brother (out of the same dam) that is still racing named "Stewie Little".  Apparently he is pretty accomplished and shows a lot of potential.

 Stewie Little:
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=9069065&registry=T

Scottie's pedigree includes some big names including:
Alydar
Danzig
Turn-to
Native Dancer
Mr. Prospector
Bold Ruler

Both Danzig and Alydar are known to produce good sporthorses.  I'm still trying to research her sire's offspring potential.

http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=8712549##








No comments:

Post a Comment